If you are going to do plantation of Sagwan Plants then you must know the information regarding the plantation of Sagwan Trees are given below:-
- Soil treatment:- For the best result, the teak plantation requires deep, well-drained,alluvial soils derived from limestone,schist,gneiss,stole.
- pH value:- The required pH value is 6.0 – 7.5.
- Required manures:- For well growing of sagwan trees we have to use different manures at different times, which is Ca(calcium), P(phosphorous), K(potassium), N(nitrogen), OM(organics matters). These manures are used according to different requirement conditions.
- Initial height of plants:- The ideal height of plants to be planted is 6 to 8 inch.
- Distance between two plants:- The distance between two plants at the time of planting should be 1.8 x 1.8 m to 4 x 4 m.
- The no. plants per acre:- This is best for growing the sagwan plantation when we take 1500 plants per acre.
- Season of plantation:- The best season for plantation is soon after the arrival of the monsoon or the beginning of the rainy season.
- Rainfall:- The ideal annual rainfall is 500mm to 3500mm.
- Temperature:- It is good for plantation that the temperature should be a range of 27°C to 48°C.
- Moister:- It is very important the moister should be lied between 1200mm to 2500mm.
- Maximum height of the tree:- In an ideal condition the sagwan tree grows up to 50 – 60 ft in 12 to 14 years.
- The Period of life:- In a good growing condition the life time period for a sagwan tree is about to 25 to 30 years.
- Diseases/infections:- We should have a care about the sagwan trees from the disease “insect damage”. Teak defoliator(Hyblaea puera) and skeletoniser (Eutectone machaeralis) are the cause of a big damage to young teak(sagwan) plants. We need to prevent these the both biological and chemical agents(Bacillus Thuringiensis) or BT Agents.